The Pony Epic of Epic Epicness

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell us one thing about yourselves!

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tell us one thing about yourselves! Empty Tell us one thing about yourselves!

Post  The Dude 17th September 2012, 2:06 pm

... and you can post multiple times, but only after someone else does.

Thought this might be great for new members to connect with the veteran crazies :D

One rule, though: be polite, and try to lessen the negatives!

Ready? Go!

Edit: Aw all right, fine. I'll go first.

Um... hm. I err- hmmm...

... I can't think of anything berry-nobooze

1. Okay, wait, um... I used to work in an online publishing company which I helped make up with a bunch of writer friends online two years ago :D

BAM.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Tell us one thing about yourselves! Empty Re: Tell us one thing about yourselves!

Post  rogier 17th September 2012, 3:00 pm

I hope I understand this game right.

1. I always liked programming, but I learned my first proper programming language only two years ago.

rogier

Back to top Go down

Tell us one thing about yourselves! Empty Re: Tell us one thing about yourselves!

Post  beroulga 17th September 2012, 3:04 pm

i spent most of Friday this weekend learning to throw cards.

and really ro? well you did a pretty killer job of learning form what i saw of your creations.
beroulga
beroulga

Back to top Go down

Post  hpsandwich 17th September 2012, 3:06 pm

i memorized the Star Trek Encyclopedia and various technical manuals of starships

i regret nothing derpy-umm
hpsandwich
hpsandwich
Admin

https://ponyepic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude 17th September 2012, 3:06 pm

(yep, that's how it's done :D)

err... oh

Oh, okay, um...

2. I'm a big fan of rock and roll, and I'm absolutely crazy for AC/DC, some of the music from Soundgarden, Velvet Revolver, and Tito & Tarantula. Was also, and still is, a big fan of SOAD. And I will never get tired of AC2's soundtrack.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Knight Lord Diggalot 17th September 2012, 3:16 pm

1. I'd give my right arm for a piloting license.
Sir Knight Lord Diggalot
Sir Knight Lord Diggalot

Back to top Go down

Post  rogier 17th September 2012, 3:18 pm

2. I make motor noises under my breath when I drive a trolley through the supermarket ... and when I'm riding my bike and going, like, super-mega-fast ... or just when I'm fantasising about motorised stuff, like eh, on the toilet or something dash-dealwithit

Anyway ... twilight-dumbstruck yeah ... So hp, you could hypothetically fly one of those ships now?

rogier

Back to top Go down

Post  beroulga 17th September 2012, 3:23 pm

2. I always open automatic doors with the force.

and ro I totally do that too, with the shopping carts, I like to try and drift race them too.
beroulga
beroulga

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude 17th September 2012, 3:38 pm

3. Speaking of driving, I drive like a lunatic :D Shows whenever I drive a grocery cart around. I just love the speed.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  hpsandwich 18th September 2012, 4:03 am

rogier wrote: So hp, you could hypothetically fly one of those ships now?
oh... probably dash-dealwithit i mean there would be an obvious learning curve with actually flying a starship or shuttlecraft, but i wouldn't be no slouch. fluttershy-happy

2. i used to secretly take pictures of b with my phone and send them to him over text. i would usually do this when he was in class, or during band with our mutual friend crackle1 ... that's when he developed trom-bone-do... pinkie-daww
hpsandwich
hpsandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  beroulga 18th September 2012, 9:52 am

3. I was rather creeped out but the a fore mentioned pictures of myself, but eventually it was a funny thing that happened and I got to punch wes for it. so yay. hell it even happened a few time when i was in salt lake, though with older pictures.
beroulga
beroulga

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude 18th September 2012, 10:19 am

Hahah XD my old classmates usually took pictures like loons. Pictures! Pictures everywhere! I'm used to it :D

4. I didn't consider myself entering the world of the horror genre, until I bought and read 'On Writing Horror: A Handbook by the Horror Writers Association'. At first I thought horror books were basically all for cheap thrills, gore, and cheesy stuff, but man did that book open my eyes. It didn't just have those useful tips and tricks for when you write fiction, it also shows you why horror writers do their thing, and what inspires them :D Very cool stuff!
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Knight Lord Diggalot 18th September 2012, 11:31 am

2. I actually dislike bronies in general. Dun dun duuun ~
Sir Knight Lord Diggalot
Sir Knight Lord Diggalot

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude 19th September 2012, 12:45 pm

No. whatchamacallit:

Strangely, the reason why I started saying 'my dear', 'oh dear me', and basically using 'dear' all the time is because of... Helloween4545.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  hpsandwich 19th September 2012, 4:24 pm

3. i unashamedly horde computer parts, old and new. as a result i have 6 functioning computers, 3 of which are too old to run Windows XP efficiently and just kinda sit there and look pretty (though there not pretty). i also have 4 big boxes of parts and towers that i hull with me everywhere i move...

NO I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM! twilight-insane
hpsandwich
hpsandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude 20th September 2012, 8:04 am

No, no, not at all, Wes, not at all

:D

Seriously though, I think I'd do the same thing if I can do what you do XD That sounds so awesome, man, seriously.

Hmm... what else...

Oh!

Well, whenever I get into that weird writing mood, I start blacking out, staring at nothing for hours with only music as my guide :D
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  hpsandwich 20th September 2012, 11:09 pm

i do that too! just not with writing. i get into a good playlist and just immerse myself in the music whenever i have a computer problem or otherwise that needs sorting out. after an hour or two of that, inspiration sets in. spike-disco

4. the only music i was exposed too before my highschool days was Beethoven and The Beach Boys. i had a lot of catching up to do bigmac-sad
hpsandwich
hpsandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude 21st September 2012, 2:52 am

Yeah! Brother, you and I are very much the same in that aspect.

5. Catching up with classical music was the same for me in highschool twilight-idea Only bub I really liked was Tchaikovsky. Was into Jpop at the time, 'cause I was a big anime freak back in the day. Later on my uncle introduced old school rock to me, and my pop the classical New Wave songs. Later on I managed to get a classical music collection for my birthday which helped me get into other pieces as well. Especially Satie. Gods, you guys are gonna hear a lot of that in the Skeleton Files :D

But the thing that I got really into, and really really loved later on in college, was movie soundtracks. Been focusing a lot on Two Steps From Hell right now, and Hayley just introduced the Hunger Games soundtrack to me!

There're other amazing soundtracks out there, too. Lord of the Rings was just so frigging epic. Passion of the Christ Soundtrack makes your teeth melt with how amazing the sounds there are. Tarantino movies have always been my love, too, both the movies and the soundtracks. Especially the soundtracks. Last of the Samurai, Matrix series (second movie not that much, but the first and third were epic in my opinion), Iron Man, Fight Club... gah, I'm gonna stop now.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  hpsandwich 21st September 2012, 3:05 am

SOUNTRAAACKS!, and here i thought i was the only person ever who listens to soundtracks! we are guna be best buds! dash-squee
two steps from hell is awesome!, i think my favorite song of theirs is 'after the fall', the one that played during that amazing mass effect 3 cinematic trailer. and i have a whole thing of torronto soundtracks. so bueno. though i gota say, Jeremy Soul and Inon Zur have to be my favorite composers. so much power, and softness, in what they can do. gah!, don't get me started on videogame composers. jessica curry, studio pixle, craig hardgrove marathon remixes, freaking kelly baily... the half-life 2 soundtrack is the best thing to listen too when writing reports. and ERIC CHEVALIER!, he made the rayman 2 soundtrack... sooo goood. the alen wake soundtrack was also freaking amazing

sorry sorry.... i videogame soundtrack too hard...

where was i..

5. i don't like chocolate... or sweets... or even soda... when i feel wild i get tea. crackle2
hpsandwich
hpsandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude 22nd September 2012, 3:46 am

Dear god, man, YES SOUNDTRACKS. WHO WOULDN'T WITH SOUNDTRACKS? They are gloooriouuus.

Oh crap, Two Steps From Hell is the best. After the Fall is really cool, and not to mention: Protectors of the Earth, Black Blade, To Glory, Archangel, Norwegian Pirate, Heart of Courage, Moving Mountains, False King, Freedom Fighters, and Freefall. Not to mention songs in their All Drums go to Hell album: Impending Fury, Run Like Hell, Shoot to Kill (Instrumental), Desert Jumper, and Jungle Fever. Amazing. I've imagined like countless epic sword battles while listening to these.

And dude - Jesper Kyd! Hitman and Assassin's Creed 2! You're not the only one who loves game soundtracks twilight-idea Amnesia the Dark Descent is brilliant, too. Sadly, I know not the composers' names berry-nobooze for shame. I'm just crap with names.

I NEED TO CHECK THOSE OUT. I'm in desperate need of new sounds. Do you change genres at times too? :D Like one month you'll have this need for rock, and then the next month you'll have the need for La Traviata, and then the next next month you'll be all 'INSTRUMENTAL SOUNDTRACKS!'?

Err...

6. ... hmm.

[ten minutes later]

... hmm. I'll get... back to you guys on that DX
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Knight Lord Diggalot 22nd September 2012, 3:52 am

I just have to add that the Black Mesa Source soundtrack is amazing.

3. I've spent more money on videogames and videogame equipment than anything else in life combined! Seriously, I've spent like €1500+ on videogames...

Videogames are my life. And ponies. twilight-mad
Sir Knight Lord Diggalot
Sir Knight Lord Diggalot

Back to top Go down

Post  hpsandwich 22nd September 2012, 4:17 am

oh i go through genera shifts all the time! except they go on a weekly kick. for some reason right now im really into jazzy stuff. yoko kanno's bebop band The Seatbelts, and whomever did the soundtrack for samurai champloo. china crisis (there live album only), and chick corea's 'spain' has a special place in these moods as well. such a good song. what i end up keep going back too though is the 'elecroswing' genera. it combines my two favorite non-symphonic sounds, but then again last week i was on a... gregorian chant kick... the polyphonic stuff is just so nice to unwind too. when i get into rock kicks i find myself starting at pink floyd, moody blues or cream, and i work my way from there dash-dealwithit . with a bit of van halen sprinkled on top scootaloo-happy .
ever hear of a band called Barton Fink? i 'found' them in my computer recently. i have no idea where they came from and i never heard of them before. but there song 'gimme some more' is SO AWESOME dash-squee
idk, i have a lot of music. i have been collecting since 2000 and, despite my time to time attempts at clearing stuff out that i never listen too, i still have nearly 100gigs of music. i try to keep everything with 320kbps mp3's when possible, due to space issues (otherwise i would have as much FLAC as possible). i got my hands on a nice cowon x7 media player. the interface is glitchy but the sound quality is phenomenal!
and GAAAAH i haven't finished assassins creed 2 yet!, im being really slow with that series! aaaaand im so terrified of amnesia twilight-insane , i got to the basement water part and i flipped. i have a super low tolerance for scary berry-nobooze

AND YEAH! the black mesa source soundtrack is soooo gooood!
hpsandwich
hpsandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude 22nd September 2012, 4:32 am

Oh christinheaven, The Seatbelts. How can I forget.

I have like a gajabillian (don't really know the number) music - not just in my harddrive, but in two computers, and countless of old cds too XD It's just the trouble, y'know? You can only hold like 100 mp3 files all at once in your music player, and all the rest you just leave there. All alone. Gah, don't you hate it when ya have to delete some music from your player 'cause you want to add other ones?

I love em all Gregorian Chants as well, and not to mention tribal music! Bought this cd full of African tribal dance music and ritual music. I love music that has epic drums in it, which is why All Drums Go to Hell was like heaven for me man.

Right now I just discovered Soul Investigators, and they are just... just....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And yeah! Crap, how can I forget the Blues? Ever heard of Squirrel Nut Zippers? Yes please.

Crap, I forgot all the other music I love. To be honest, I flitter over different sounds a lot, and I don't get to note their names so I forget later on berry-nobooze I'm an idiot, I know.

Right, no. 5

The reason why I'm all hesitant about revealing too much about myself on the net is because I met someone online who just kinda... rubbed me the wrong way. Very, err... creepy. At times. Kinda. Let's just say that... the person thinks she's related to the devil or something...

So yeah, after that, I'd just really rather hide myself unless I trust the other online person a lot XD
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  hpsandwich 22nd September 2012, 5:07 am

that soul investigators is super freaking rad!, i enjoy mucho!! reminds me of zero7 or Cut Chemist

and uuuuh sorry! fluttershy-uuh i keep the size of my media playlist down for backup purposes. my media player has a 160gig harddrive in it so i haven't had a media player space issue in a long time... i have always been super pre-emptive about space issues. my mom used to work for a company that sold harddrive backup units, so i have a good stock of 1 terabyte drives. i have conglomerated about 2 terabytes of compressed data on my server backup.
with media players, back when Zune was the talk of the town i got there 80gig model when i just had 40gigs of digital music. when that broke in my everlasting quest to never use apple, i did some research and got a cowon x7. there pretty awesome players. some south korean company that british audiophiles love. i spent some time along time ago consolidating all my CD's and records into a digital format for travel. now i just add to the master collection. im the same way with my movies and games and whatnot. it has kind of turned into a hobby.

here is a link to cowon's mp3 player site. they are really something to look at.

sorry if i seem a little prideful twilight-sad , i just get excited about my network.

i guess my 6 is above.

and i dont blame you about internet privacy. i have met some... 'interesting' people online.

have some more music! pinkie-badumtsh

hpsandwich
hpsandwich
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude 22nd September 2012, 5:11 am

Oh you lucky sonofa XD Nah, you don't seem prideful at all, you just seem very lucky! I mean damn, that sounds incredibly awesome :DDD I'll need to save up and upgrade my tech, but yeah! Thanks for sharin man.

And thanks for the music :D Brilliant stuff. Shit. Now I know who to go to whenever I need any music recs. Holy crap, today will be a good day.

Now I just need to dig through my old files to remember all the bands and songs I love. My memory sucks XD

And yeaah, I mean the person was really annoying, too, a- MORE MUSIC!
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum