The Pony Epic of Epic Epicness

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello!

4 posters

Go down

Hello! Empty Hello!

Post  The Dude 17th September 2012, 8:45 am

Oh gosh, I'm so nervous, introducing myself to all you nice folks out there. I- I don't know what to say berry-nobooze

Well... I guess... let me start by saying my name, which is rock. People call me rock. I'm a nice girl, age 21 (I'm 22 years old this year fluttershy-happy ) and I like peace, happiness, joy, and love. Nice to meet you all!

Edit: Bah. You guys're no fun XD

Okay, okay. I'm Rock, and I love explosions, zombies, horror, action movies, and weapons of any and all kinds.

I was a business/tourism student who just graduated recently.

For my hobbies, I'd say I love listening to music - of ANY genres. I LOVE writing, art and drawing stuff (although my tablet isn't working right now, sadly twilight-sad ), and learning bits and pieces of odd things (like the occult, psychology, alchemy, mythology, famous points in history, the best types of wine, many different kinds of phobias and such) - which is really for the benefit of my writing, to be honest. I've been training myself in the art of authoring ever since I was eleven, so let's just say it's a bit of an obsession for me :D

Roleplaying's been something I got into just last year, and I've been hooked ever since. Never looked back fluttershy-happy Started off with my friend, and then went on to roleplaying with a larger group of people.

Hmm, what else. Oh right! My characters are:

The Captain from The Pony Epic of Epic Epicness (world 1), Tornado Incendio from The Pony Epic of Epic Epicness (world 2), and I go 'round as The Villain-GM in The Skeleton Files roleplay. I also kinda loosely play Harrison Caden Maaz in the same roleplay, who acts as a sort of living 'hint' button, for lack of a better term :D

So yeah, there we go. I'm also prone to overusing emoticons (because apparently, if I don't use emoticons around the people I haven't met personally yet, particularly new members in this case, people often think of me as rigid and... intimidating(?) due to the way I speak. I know right. I speak like a bleedin orangutan. How'd that happen??)

And yeah, I'm also prone to writing too much... I'll just stop now...

Edit (again): And don't be fooled by b's description of how I GM. I'm pretty much still a wee newbie around that area as well, I just enjoy taunting everyone :D

Last edited by The Dude on 21st September 2012, 6:57 am; edited 4 times in total
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Hello! Empty Re: Hello!

Post  Sir Knight Lord Diggalot 17th September 2012, 9:33 am

LOOK HOW DECEIVING SHE IS! WATCH OUT, FOLKS.
Sir Knight Lord Diggalot
Sir Knight Lord Diggalot

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude 17th September 2012, 9:39 am

But I'm not deceptive, I'm nice twilight-sad

You people are sooo meaaaan twilight-sad
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  beroulga 17th September 2012, 10:00 am

beware friends, heed the warning of sir diggidoo. What you have seen is not all of rock. While she is considerate and brilliant, we practically rely on her insanity to keep things going. Your characters minds will crumble beneath her GM-ship! and slowly, but surely, your mind shall follow....
beroulga
beroulga

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude 17th September 2012, 10:50 am

Aw man, I guess I won't get away with anything with you two around

Okaay, okaay, I'll be honest this time. Pah.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  beroulga 17th September 2012, 11:35 am

ohoh, if you find any cool stuff in those occult and alchemy areas let me know. such interesting stuff... ah folk lore...
beroulga
beroulga

Back to top Go down

Post  hpsandwich 17th September 2012, 12:13 pm

i shale pay tribute in disco spikes! twilight-insane

spike-disco spike-disco spike-disco spike-disco spike-disco spike-disco
hpsandwich
hpsandwich
Admin

https://ponyepic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude 17th September 2012, 12:38 pm

YOUR TRIBUTE IS ACCEPTABLE, MORTAL.

The disco spikes - they amuse me!
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude 17th September 2012, 1:02 pm

Read some bits about alchemy, b, including the emerald tablet - I think I got a bit obsessed on that one for a while XD

Oh man, yeah, the occult? My old best friend used to love wiccan stuff. He made his own book of shadows, and he asked (nay, FORCED) me to draw the illustrations there (straight from the t.v. show Charmed). Even stole that old witchcraft book from our old school library. He didn't even let me borrow it, the bastard!

The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  beroulga 17th September 2012, 1:04 pm

I've heard of the emerald tablet, odd stuff. ill check it out then. did he know? that's interesting. Got this neat book on what seems to be Judeo christian magic ritual, feels a bit better than the Wicca stuff to me, but I have a little book on that too. What was in this witch book? sounds interesting.
beroulga
beroulga

Back to top Go down

Post  beroulga 17th September 2012, 1:10 pm

actually I've read thsi before! its In that judeo christan book i mentioned, In the Latin and an english translation. It reminds me a lot of some of the accounts of braman I've found in the Upanishads, though the force they mention is less over arching at least form a literal interpretation of the the words.
beroulga
beroulga

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude 17th September 2012, 1:24 pm

Wait wait, is that Upanishads? Vedanta? Hindu scriptures, aye? Quite a coincidence, since I just started going through it now so I can arm Maaz with that sort of knowledge as well XD

Haven't heard about judeo christian, though, I'll have to check it out meself!

Well to be frank, I only barely remember the stuff. I remember telling my old friend about this wiccan book I found in our library, and when I found it stuck right inside the bookshelf, I stole it for myself and presented it to him as some sort of present. Unfortunately, before giving it to him, I only had time to breeze through the book before running right out there.

I do remember very interesting illustrations, though. I think it's less about wiccan and more about the history of the supernatural. I remember there was an illustration about vampirism; about how vampirism could also be linked to women, virginity, and the loss of innocence. But that's all I remember, sadly :/

Very, very sad indeed. The books in that library are all ancient, so it was a hardcover bound really, very old book which must be worth a lot when it comes to knowledge.

Bother.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  beroulga 17th September 2012, 1:29 pm

ah, that is a shame... nice books like that dont come often.

And that is a coincidence on the Hindu scripture stuff. they're interesting aren't they? I've also been reading this book oh how to meditate and conduct one's life to reach that whole concept of braman. lots of discipline about sums it but that's not really the core of it. bah its hard.

the Judeo christian bit is really just kind of western occult practices in general but invoking more judeo christian names and symbols. still uses a basic pentagram base with 5 elements (earth sir fire water spirit). the Hebrew god names are invoked often and the arch angels used to repentant the four elements and their corresponding directions....

Maybe we should have a separate thread on this.
beroulga
beroulga

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude 17th September 2012, 1:35 pm

oh... OH! I think that rings a bell. I remember studying particular subjects about christianity itself, like angels, demons, Lilith, Cane and the like, and I think I came across that before. Again, I don't remember, and I think a separate thread would be great to discuss this further :D I love learning stuff like this, and it's only best when you learn it from others.

I just absolutely love Hindu mythology, religion, and all that stuff. They're all about reaching the perfection in their lives. Add the concept of resurrection in there and you got one whole subject worth studying.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  beroulga 17th September 2012, 1:38 pm

ooo that sounds interesting. I'd love to read a bit on that.

and you really could. some of the Upanishads even talk about a temporary heaven for the righteous where they dwell for a time before again being reincarnated because they do no yet know brahman or something. basically they were good but they didn't free themselves from the cycle. then then again the Upanishads and the Hindu mystic an philosophical tradition does differ some form the practices and beliefs of many Hindu... anyway ill go set up a thread under miscellaneous.
beroulga
beroulga

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum