The Pony Epic of Epic Epicness

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A matter of great importance...

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A matter of great importance... Empty A matter of great importance...

Post  The Dude 17th November 2012, 12:17 pm

Bad news, everyone...

After much thinking, RobotPony - our first roleplaying GM, the person who has helped a lot in setting the tone and atmosphere for the pony roleplay, the person who has created amazing characters we battled, feuded against and made friends with; the person who had the idea about our characters being the next elements of magic, the person who has hung out with us, laughed with us, shared ponies with us, and trolled with us; the person who plays Mr. Gloomerstein
Romper and Trolly McTrollerson Aurora - has just recently decided to quit the pony roleplay. Robo has been very busy with his work recently, especially towards his dedication to focus more on his music, one which we all know is a dream he greatly wishes to achieve.

On the bright side, Robo has expressed a hope of coming back, but he has also mentioned that it seems unlikely as well. I can only hope he will come back, anyway. This parting holds nothing but a loss in our pony epic group.

Repeatedly, I have told Robo that he is welcome any time amongst our midst, even if it's just to hang out with us or briefly join the roleplay. Here's to hoping, aye gents (and lady)?

Good luck, Robo! Everyone here only wishes the very best for you fluttershy-happy We're rooting for your success in the music industry buddy, and even if you don't visit us much or at all, we will never forget our very first GM and our very good friend.

All the best for ya!

Cheers,
Rockmane

UPDATE
19 Nov 2012

The lists below shows the roleplayers who are interested in taking up the respective characters/factions which are shown...

ROMPER
Specializes in daggers, magic, and stealth. A bounty hunter who previously defied The Family faction. Is currently pursuing a romantic relationship with Honeysuckle. Established as the Element of Loyalty. Next goal is to search for his missing mother. Is also the victim of constant trolling.
beroulga
rockmane

AURORA
A mysterious mare who had just appeared early in the Captain's Arc. Member of the Equestria Royal Army and one of the leaders in the Knights of Harmony faction. Might pursue romantic relatoinship with Mischief. Possibly the Element of Magic (not established yet). Detailed character plans from RobotPony available. Is also a troll.
beroulga
Ro

THE KNIGHTS OF HARMONY (faction)
Searches for the Elements of Harmony, and is lead by the Mistress.
beroulga and Diggi (as a team)

THE FAMILY (dead faction)
Faction of bounty hunters who train their members very, very early.
rockmane

THE ACOLYTES OF THE MOON and SAILAS THE UNDYING (faction and faction leader)
Mysterious supporters of Princess Luna.
None

Last edited by The Dude on 19th November 2012, 8:19 am; edited 5 times in total
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

A matter of great importance... Empty Re: A matter of great importance...

Post  The Dude 17th November 2012, 12:36 pm

There is another matter we must all discuss: what should we do with Romper and Aurora?

I have spoken to Robo, and he has basically given us admission to give these two respective characters to someone else... or to let them go.

Is there anyone here interested in playing as Romper or Aurora? Anyone here who thinks someone else could play as Romper or Aurora? Or do you think we should let one of them, or both of them, part from the group?

Either choice is totally fine, guys, no worries.

Second thing:

Robo is going to send over his notes to me, and whomever takes the mantle of either Romper or Aurora will have those notes passed down to them. It is entirely up to that person on what they decide to do with Romper or Aurora from then. Again, Robo has given his consent.

What'll it be, folks? If you have any other suggestions, please write it down in this here thread.

Thanks for your time!

Cheers,
Rockmane

Last edited by The Dude on 19th November 2012, 8:19 am; edited 24 times in total
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  beroulga 17th November 2012, 2:05 pm

number one. sad day. the saddest... bah

number two I strongly feel that we cannot let these two leave. Especially Romper. Aurora is a bit more touchy but I don't really want her to leave either. she hasn't been here long but she's starting to work into the fabric of the group and tearing her out now would feel artificial and well... bad wrong. Anyway at MOST I would say that over some time she is called back to her organization and thus leaves the group temporarily. I also vote this does not happen until the end of the captain arc, or near it.
If some one want to pick her up I wish them luck. I still don't get her motivations but maybe Robo's notes can help shed some light for who ever does pick her up.
I might be interested in playing Romper. but I'm not sure really. suckage..

anyway those are my thought on the characters position in the role play as of now.
beroulga
beroulga

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Knight Lord Diggalot 17th November 2012, 2:30 pm

If someone would like to take over Aurora, go for it. If not, we could just make her disappear. Unlike Romper, she is not yet confirmed as an Element.

Romper, however, must stay.
Sir Knight Lord Diggalot
Sir Knight Lord Diggalot

Back to top Go down

Post  beroulga 17th November 2012, 3:12 pm

I REEEEEEAAAALLLLYYYYY don't like the idea of permanently disappearing Aurora, even if its done well. I feel like there has been a lot of hinting that she is going to be sticking around. I cant think of a way of removing her before the end of this arc, or at least another good chunk into it, that would feel right and consistent with the narrative we have set up. she does not have to be the element of magic, but I dotn think she can leave so soon.
hell I'll play her if it will keep her around.
beroulga
beroulga

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Knight Lord Diggalot 17th November 2012, 3:31 pm

Does not have to be permanent. Death is also a logical solution if you feel like she won't leave herself (although, that's a lot more permanent).
Sir Knight Lord Diggalot
Sir Knight Lord Diggalot

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude 17th November 2012, 3:53 pm

How 'bout this, gents - if we find someone who's willing to play Aurora, she can stay along with the crew. I think the more important bit here is if whether or not someone can play the characters.

It might not be wise, but I've always believed in how stories can be limitless in what can, and will happen. Much like real life, many unexpected things can come out in unexpected places, I think, and that in a sense can make anything possible (err... in fiction, anyway, not real life). We can easily think of logical reasons for either of them to leave, and of the repercussions of their absence as well. We are very much dealing with magic that we're sort of helping to 'mold' for our own storyline's convenience, so... if we can think of things on how magic in this Equestria works, why not, aye?

If, for some reason (such as none of the roleplayers 'fit' the characters, or if it's difficult to play too many characters all at once, etc.) no one can figure out who can play one or two of these characters... we can always decide to let them leave on their own.

Be it because of some sort of trouble in their faction, or an unspoken responsibility they must face on their own, or maybe they disappear after some sort of accident befalls them, possibly leaving them dead or alive... at least those scenarios would ensure their fates to be vague, and thus leaves a lot open for opportunity in the future. We can always rationalize later as to why they leave, or where they went to, or why they disappeared when we think of the better answers to those questions. We'll get lots of time to explore this world and figure out stuff until then. Hell, it could end up being something which might make for an awesome adventure, too.

But, er... yeah. In a nutshell: I think it's better to figure out who could play who at this early stage :D Yep. Just my fifty cents. Or... or fifty of those fifty cents.

I'll just shut up now.

Last edited by The Dude on 17th November 2012, 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  beroulga 17th November 2012, 4:22 pm

alright points taken.

I've been thinking though and I think Aurora leaving the group temporarily would work out well for the story. She could get called away by her faction for some reason or another... I've got an idea for the how of it, I just need a why and some more time to set up the actual departure. I'd also need some info on her and her faction. It would also require her to not be the element of magic.

Could that be done? would you mind If I took the reigns on this Aurora thing? other ideas?
beroulga
beroulga

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude 17th November 2012, 4:31 pm

I vote a yes for b's idea!

It sounds like you got an awesome storyline for Aurora, so how can I say no to that?

If everyone else agrees to b's suggestion, I'll send you Robo's notes about Aurora and her faction, so no worries there, matey.

Robo has said himself that he's okay of any changes done to his character. It's only us who has decided to stay as true as we can to Robo's vision and plans for Romper and Aurora, after all, so her not being the Element of Magic anymore is okay as well, I think :D
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Knight Lord Diggalot 17th November 2012, 7:12 pm

I would like to have the Knights of Harmony though, if that's okay.

Also have a potential character for The Element of Magic.

No, it's not Shelly.

Or Crystal.
Sir Knight Lord Diggalot
Sir Knight Lord Diggalot

Back to top Go down

Post  RobotPony 17th November 2012, 8:08 pm

Diggi, if you want the Knights of Harmony though, that's okay, but if that's the case, then I would prefer you take up Aurora. Just because Aurora is one of the main characters in the KoH, and is indeed one of the leaders if you look at that documents I sent out forever ago (she had one pony above her, "The Mistress", and one pony that was equal to her "Brother"). It makes sense in a way because Aurora would be aware of most things about the organization, so it would be weird if someone decided something about the KoH that Aurora should know, but the person playing did not. This is further complicated by the secretive nature of that organization. However, that is just what I prefer, I cannot stop you from taking one, but not the other. It fact, it might have to happen that you have to do so.

If you wish for Aurora to go away, you might be able to edit the post that I sent to Rock last night to fit that easily. You could even have her take Romper with her. (Just thought I would mention this because Rock did not mention it here).

Finally, a lot of stuff came up today that was unexpected. I will send the notes to Rock as soon as I can, but I don't think it will be today. Sorry!

RobotPony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude 18th November 2012, 1:21 am

No problem at all, Robo! You may send it to me any time you want.

Also: original post edited.

B and Diggi, what if both you guys take over the fate of the faction? Think it can be done, or will it be another one of those 'too many generals can spoil the war' sort of thing?

If that was a terrible idea and I need to be shot for it, b did mention a rather interesting idea yesterday. His idea was: the roleplayers who want to take either Aurora or Romper's mantle could go through a sort of audition, and the one who plays it better could be voted in a poll.

I sort of agree with Robo and b on how, since Aurora plays an important part of the KoH, the person who takes over the faction would require to take over Aurora. She is the hand (or hoof) of the faction currently, I think, and it would be rather strange if the person playing Aurora is being ordered around by the person in charge of the faction. Unless, of course, the person playing Aurora and the person playing the faction are working together on this (as I had suggested before).

Then again, like I had mentioned, we can think of loopholes around this. What if Diggi takes over part of the faction that has gone rogue, yet work under another name entirely (yet with similar goals)? Or something similar to that line of plotting? Best to think of this as bendable and not inflexible; anything can happen.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Knight Lord Diggalot 18th November 2012, 6:35 am

Well, you've mentioned now several times that Aurora is only one of the three leaders of KoH, which means I could take over the KoH simply but taking Brother and The Mistress. This might create some interesting grudges between Aurora and the other faction leaders, especially if Aurora eventually stands up for The Crew (as I understand, the KoH goals might not at all be beneficial to our group).

Of course, I would have to cooperate with whomever will play Aurora(but the KoH must not).
Sir Knight Lord Diggalot
Sir Knight Lord Diggalot

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude 18th November 2012, 6:42 am

All righty then, in this case, I think it's up to both Diggi and b to work up a compromise together; plot together and all. Dangerous thing, I know. Unless either Hayley or Ro would like to take over Aurora or the Knights of Harmony Faction. I sort of doubt Hayley would take over any new characters at this point, since she has stated that she currently has too many characters right now. For Ro, I'm not truly sure, though it's best to make sure with him before stuff gets finalized regarding Aurora and the Knights of Harmony.

Regarding Romper, though? Robo has stated that he has planned less for Romper compared to how much he had planned for Aurora, so he's an open character. Any takers, gents? I won't mind having Mr. Gloomy... since I think I have something in mind for him and his faction.

Buut if anyone else is interested in taking Mr. Gloomy, then please do feel free. Since Romper's not really part of The Family anymore, I think his disconnection with that faction allows the character to be freed from anyone who's willing to take over that faction (or what's left of that faction).
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  RobotPony 18th November 2012, 7:08 am

The Family itself ceased to exist as a result of Rage's actions at the end of Romper's arc. Whether or not former members of this organization come into play is up to you guys, but The Family itself is dead. Certainly, some members have formed at least temporary groups, but there would be a lot of in-fighting between them.

As friction between Aurora and KoH, that was supposed to be brought up in Aurora's arc. When I send the notes over, there will be information about what I had thought of for Aurora's arc.

Romper's only possible thing I had thought of was him perhaps looking for his mother, but this was not finalized to really any extent at all. As a matter of a fact, I don't really have anything to share with you guys with Romper. I had been focusing on Aurora so much because her backstory is complicated and most of Romper's has been revealed at this point. Well, at least what I've thought of.

Naturally, these are merely suggestions I am providing, just because I know it's going to be hard for you guys to figure out who does what.

RobotPony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude 18th November 2012, 7:13 am

Aye, just as I thought. Thought it would be quite interesting to see what happens with what's left of the dead faction after it fell, particularly regarding other bounty hunters who were probably off doing their jobs when The Crew attacked Bronco? I imagine their actions would lead to various... consequences, perhaps? That's what I got in mind anyway XD

Oh, brilliant, I'll add the detail about Romper's goal in the original post. Thanks for sharing, Robo!
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude 18th November 2012, 7:23 am

Added the Acolytes of the Moon faction, with Sailas the Undying.

I imagine, due to the fact that Sailas is less woven into the Crew compared to Aurora, he could be played along by the person who takes over that faction.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude 18th November 2012, 8:09 am

Ro has expressed interest in playing Aurora, everyone :D

And hey b, are you interested in trying out for Romper too? Just making sure before I add you into the list.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  beroulga 18th November 2012, 1:56 pm

honestly I Kinda want to try out for both... Aurora now more than romper after reading all the stuff about potential fiction with her faction witch was totally a vibe I was getting and something I was going to play off of in her temporary departure form the group. though I did not know she was that high ranking.
I'd totally be willing to work with diggi on the faction bit, really I think that would be really helpful. I'm not sure how well Id managed the whole thing but I someone can manage it while I still there an listen to every detail I think I could make that work. and I'd only a little sad if Ro took over and steered the character in a different direction. she not mine after all. and Ro's good. he might be the best choice really.
beroulga
beroulga

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude 18th November 2012, 2:13 pm

We'll see what Ro thinks, b :D After all, he still hasn't seen the discussion here, so maybe he'll wanna work together with you two with the KoH or something? We'll see.

And don't think that way! I bet you'd be totally awesome with Aurora, too. Everyone's fair game on this here round table, and no one'll think less of anything, no matter what happens or who gets who, so it's all cool.

Anyways, you still got Romper since I'll be addin' you to the list :D

Once the dust has settled, how about deciding everything with an audition, after all, if things end up goin' head to head?
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude 18th November 2012, 2:36 pm

b has currently just agreed to do the audition thing, and we just had a whole discussion on how it could be done :D

Okay, since it's all about figuring out who best plays each character, and who has the best story line ideas for each faction - what if we get a judge to, well, judge who roleplays better as Romper/Aurora, and who has the best idea for the future of a faction?

I vote Hayley, as she is awesome with roleplaying. Oh, and because she's not vying to take over a faction or character right now.

Seeing our current list, perhaps what we can do for the character audition is: two roleplayers who want to play as Romper and Aurora create a scene together. Basically:

beroulga (as Romper) and Ro (as Aurora) create a scene together, of their own design; completely freestyle roleplay.

beroulga (as Aurora) and rockmane (as Romper) also create a scene together with similar nature as the above.

For deciding the faction: the roleplayers send out their basic plans and story line for the faction, leaving out the vital-secret they have planned for it. The summarization, however, must be kept sweet and simple.

What do you guys think?
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Knight Lord Diggalot 18th November 2012, 3:51 pm

Unless B wants to control the KoH all by himself, I don't see a reason for me to write a summary.

I'm lazy.
Sir Knight Lord Diggalot
Sir Knight Lord Diggalot

Back to top Go down

Post  beroulga 18th November 2012, 4:58 pm

I'm down diggi. I haven't been a big part of the planing of all the army movements so I'd be way behind on that without some help. in that sense I think we could make a pretty good team. you handle the macro, I could do the micro, in the case of aurora at least.
beroulga
beroulga

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Knight Lord Diggalot 19th November 2012, 3:10 am

Just the way I'd prefer it, yes.

I won't take the Acolytes, though, as whomever takes them should also have the Lunarians.

And I don't want the Lunarians since I control the ERA. It would be like playing chess against myself.
Sir Knight Lord Diggalot
Sir Knight Lord Diggalot

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude 19th November 2012, 8:21 am

Edited the list in accordance to your plan, guys.

Now all we need is the input of Hayley and Ro and then we'll be set :D
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum