The Pony Epic of Epic Epicness

Roleplayer Auditions for Characters Romper and Aurora

Go down

Roleplayer Auditions for Characters Romper and Aurora

Post  The Dude on 30th November 2012, 12:50 pm

The roleplays will be featured thusly:

Any scene with Romper (played by b) and Aurora (played by Ro)
Any scene with Romper (played by rock) and Aurora (played by b)

All right guys, so how are we gonna do this? Do we want it to be open for others to read, or in private?

Most of all, when will ya'll be ready? I think it's safe to say that the roleplayers can choose to do their part once both players are ready, but we sort of need to do it when we can, for the first pony epic has gone on long without em. How 'bout it gents? :D
The Dude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roleplayer Auditions for Characters Romper and Aurora

Post  Sir Knight Lord Diggalot on 6th December 2012, 5:19 pm

I would like the auditions to be public, since we're all in the roleplay. Besides, I would be the only one who would be cut off... kinda.
Sir Knight Lord Diggalot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on 8th January 2013, 11:48 am

Very well, no problems with that Diggi :D

UPDATE:

As beroulga has taken the mantle for Hayley's character Amethyst in The Misfits roleplay, he has decided to drop one of the characters to audition: Romper.

Therefore Ro and beroulga will commence a gentlemen's duel against the other for the role of Aurora. Good luck to you both, good sirs : )

The judge remains to be Hayley, who will decide the best pony to play our trolly little mare.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The gentlemen's duel will commence on January 12, Saturday next week.

As rockmane is not going to roleplay against beroulga for the character of Romper anymore, there is a slight difference from the initial plan...

Ro and beroulga, as Aurora, can pick any other pony (other than Mischief or Thunderbeard of course) to roleplay with during the stand off instead.

These ponies can either be anyone of the crew (Shelly?, Val, Romper - except Honeysuckle, since the judge is playing her), or any NPC (played by rock) the challengers would like to roleplay with as Aurora.

The decision must be made before Saturday so both the gents can prepare their white gloves and pistols.

Some more things we must consider before starting the stand off:

- Where should we do the audition roleplays? Should we do it in a doc, or in this forum?
- I think there should be at least two judges, so Hayley won't have to feel any pressure whatsoever :D The other judge can be anonymous, too. It's also cool if Hayley's okay with being the only judge - though it's best to keep the option up here for Hayley to take any time. What dyou think guys?
- When must the judge finalize their decision?

GOOD LUCK GENTS!

And may the best pony win fluttershy-happy

Last edited by The Dude on 9th January 2013, 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
The Dude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Knight Lord Diggalot on 8th January 2013, 12:40 pm

Another judge would be either you or me, Rock. And I don't want to be a judge, so anonymous would not work.

Unless if it's Robo, which would have been perfect!
Sir Knight Lord Diggalot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hayleyag on 10th January 2013, 10:17 am

i don't mind judging on my own, I think perhaps writing them in a doc and posting the finished works here would work....
hayleyag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on 10th January 2013, 10:20 am

The judge hath spoken, gents!

Yeah, I think that's a good idea!
The Dude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ro's audition for Aurora

Post  rogier on 12th January 2013, 3:50 pm

Starting time: 17:48
Contestant: Ro
Co-player: Rocky Mane (as Sully)

Premise:
The furniture of the Rum ‘n Roses hasn’t been fixed yet. Sully and Aurora are left at the inn after the others have drifted off into town. So they set to finally completing the repairs that were started a few days earlier out beside the inn.

~~~~~~

Aurora had been quiet so far. The tools in her mouth formed a good excuse for that. She threw a glance down the hill towards Frogpoint. This had technically been their job. It had not passed her notice that, in fact, the ponies who offered to help were not the same who caused the damage in the first place. And now she’d taken it up from them.

She finished the chair she was working on and dropped the hammer to the ground. Safe for the sound of hammering and dragging of wood, it was awfully quiet on the hill with the current lack of the crew (and the mayhem that never seemed far behind). So she decided to break the silence by asking something she had been wondering for a while.

“So Sully. Can I ask you something?” She assumed that was alright. “Why did you join the Royal Army in the first place? You don’t strike me as your typical soldier. No offense.”

Sully hesitated before he even bothered to think up of a reply.

He wasn’t going to lie to himself, it was pretty unnerving to have a knight here with him, working on fixing his mother’s chairs to boot. Knights were a very big deal with his mates back in the royal army.

Thinking about those days now, Sully thought it felt like he just woke up from a dream.

“I grew up here, mostly,” he said, putting his hammer down himself. The chair he was working on still wasn’t finished, but this seemed like a good time for a break. It was starting to feel a little humid, where he was currently sitting, or it was probably just the fatigue, “And all my life I’ve known and had this one single friend of mine, Dart. He was a bit more reckless than I am,” he smirked, heavily sitting down on his haunches as his eyes blurred slightly and took on a faraway gaze, “He and I were inseparable. It was the kind of friendship where we both considered ourselves to be soulmates, y’know? He’s the reason why.”

She saw his look and regretted asking about it. She stepped forward and put a hoof on his shoulder.
“I’m sorry. His death was …” What? Dishonourable? Unnecessary? Not the most encouraging words. “It shouldn’t have happened,” she said after some thought. Well said.
“Was Dart …” She hesitated again. This really wasn’t her strong-suit. She decided to amend the question. “How long were you in the army together?”

“Um, a while I think?” he hummed, scratching his head, “Two years, actually, and just a couple of months ago we graduated from being recruits. Both got the so called ‘light’ job under the Sergeant.” Sully’s lips thinned at the thought of that bastard, his body tensing, “It shouldn’t have happened.” he repeated.

The pegasus shook his head, his wings falling beside him as if a great weight became tied to them, “But it did.” Sully blinked rapidly and shook his head, taking in a deep breath. He already grieved enough, and he knew his best friend would smack his head and call him an idiot for dwelling on this for too long, “A-anyway, how about you? What made you join the army?” he ignored how his words have become watery, and discreetly, Sully wiped a bit of wetness from an eye.

Her mouth pulled into a stripe. That was a complicated story, and not all of it she was free to tell. She looked away, first to the inn then to the port in the distance.
“It’s complicated …” she began. But she owed a little more than that, she knew. “My mother insisted I could become great things.” She scratched the ground with a hoof. “And well, I thought enlisting would be a good way to do that.”

“Oh? Well,” Sully chuckled, “We’re not so different there, I guess. Except it was Dart who told me that.”

He stared off into the distance, silently wondering why she was speaking to him right now. A lowly deserter. The possibility of her telling on him to her superiors still unnerved him, and it was just like a bit of an itch he had to scratch.

“The Royal Army’s just...” he sighed, not knowing how to start, “It was never for me, I guess. I’m sorry, I’m just wondering what your take on their work is.” Sully turned to look at her, his face grim, yet seemed as if he was looking for an answer. For a question he himself did not know, “What’s your take on this?” he motioned a hoof towards where the town would be. The ruined little town which once had a bright life and a lot of hope, but was now as empty as the killers and thieves in it, “You can’t turn a blind eye on this, y’know? I thought, once joining the army - I thought I could help, but...”

“It’s a mess. And it needs to be fixed. Not just Frogpoint Port, the whole of Equestria. The Army is not all bad and corrupt, you know. There are good ponies who want to do that. Fix things, I mean.” Her tone had gotten a bit defensive.

She thought of the Mistress. She was one of them. She wanted what was best for Equestria, even if her methods were … debatable. A vain part of her considered herself one of that rare group of good soldiers.

“I like to think there are more ponies like Honeysuckle and Mischief and Romper and the others.”

“I think... it would take some time before I start believing that again.” Sully said, rolling his eyes at himself a couple of seconds later. He never really liked talking too much about depressing stuff, anyway, “Those ponies are all highly destructive, though. You should’ve seen them storm through our base. Wh- well, just out of curiosity, why are you really sticking around with em?”

The pegasus shrugged and sent her an ironic smile, “I mean, you’re a knight for Celestia’s sake. And they’re...” in dire need of help, both physical and psychological. In some ways, that sort of made sense. Maybe.

“... not. Yeah. Well … good intentions don’t always come with good methods.” She couldn’t think of an example where the two went together actually. Her mother had meant well ... maybe. That didn’t turn out well. Idem for the mare she really answered to.
“They need … guidance, if that’s a good word. They don’t seem comfortable working in a group. Take Thunderbeard. I don’t know exactly what his deal is, but he’s not adjusting too well if you ask me. The Commander, well she’s trying to fix the problem, but she too is not quite there yet.” Sully was there for the falling-out. It was the best explanation.
“Please don’t tell them I said that, by the way.” She was already talking way too much. “Anyway, I’m hoping I might lend a hoof.”

It would be nice if this were the full truth. Sometimes over the past days she had actually felt this way. But her real purpose was always on her mind, as it should be. That, of course, she could not discuss with anyone, definitely not Sully.

Break: 19:02
~~
End of break: 20:03

“Yeah,” Sully said, “Um, I do think their hearts are in the right place, I guess. They’re not bad at all just...” he paused, trying to think of the right word, “In deep trouble.”

She picked up a broken table-foot and looked if the damage was mendable while thinking that over.
“What do you mean?”

He shrugged again, not really sure he should be sharing his thoughts on the very kind group, but Sully truly was getting concerned for their well being. Especially Honeysuckle, who seemed to almost always take the brunt of the group’s antics, and that’s not even talking medical-wise.

“They’re all just a mismatch of personalities. I-I guess.” he dug a hoof nervously in the dirt, “The whole argument earlier was just.... brrr.”

“Agreed.” She threw the foot on the reject pile. There was no hope for that one, as far as she could see. To replace it, she took a plank and dragged it to the rest of the assembled pieces so she could work on it later.
“They’re not soldiers. Say anything you like of the Army, but we do know how to keep our ponies in line.” She glanced at him, cursing herself for that comment. “You know, the right way. Encouragement, firm talking to. Not the way haybrains like Pick do it.”

Sully hummed, propping himself back up with a grunt and taking one, admittedly very ruined piece of wood - he didn’t even know what part this was - under his hammer, “Speaking of keeping ‘in line’,” he smirked, “I think mom’s scolding if this thing doesn’t get finished by sundown is encouragement for me enough.” the pegasus huffed. As much as he loved his mother, she could be a bit of a pain sometimes, even if he did understand her current plight. He was just one pony for Luna’s sakes, “Time to get back to work I guess.”

She smiled and picked up the new leg and a nail from the bucket they used for that purpose.
“Yes, ma’am,” she muttered around the hammer and set back to work.*

End time: 20:24[b]

rogier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  beroulga on 12th January 2013, 3:55 pm

B's auditoin

Aurora sat on a bench outside the Rum and Roses Inn seemingly enjoying the sight of the sunny day. But behind that placid smile was and itch, a worrisome one. She could practically hear the Mistress warnings, and now her scolding for being so slow to answer... but what was she going to say? she took a sip of the tea sully had brought her. Her worries were cut short when she felt a different itch... she shivered imperceptibly and swiveled around to try find where exactly he was coming from. *

“You know, I was once rejected from joining the Cloudsdale Guard’s Knights,” Shelly suddenly said from beside her. He had snuck up on her when she saw her sitting by her own. He still did not like the fact that a knight had unofficially left her post. *

Aurora gave Shelly a quizzical smile “Really, rejected?” She shifted slightly on the bench to offer him a seat. “Do you mind if I ask why?”*

Shelly got up on the bench and sat down besides the unicorn. “I did have every qualification besides one.” he said, “Can you guess which?” *

“I can.” in fact she had assumed, but it didn’t seem right to outright right say it. “It may have been for the best. I still think this group has more potential to do something meaningful than any knight.”*

“Did you really never feel like you did anything meaningful when you went on missions?” *

Aurora scoffed, “Some things, but fewer and fewer as time went on. I started to feel like we were losing touch. Look at the guard here. Are they really doing what ponis need them to do?” she paused for a moment before going on, “The knights started feeling the same way, like we were missing the real problem.”*

“The Guard here is corrupted and forgotten, imposters dressed in ERA uniforms.” Shelly did not like it, but at least she had a point. *

“Maybe. but that hardly speaks well for their superiors or the organization as a whole.” the Itch in the back of her mind pulsed, calling for her attention. best keep talking and focus elsewhere. “So why are you here Shelly, with these ponies. Why not head back to freelancing for the guard in ponyville?” *

“Eh, I was kinda dragged into it and somepony better watch their backs. None of them know how to use a crossbow, you know.” And he liked Mischief. He was a cool pony. “Friends take care of each other.” *

Aurora’s face lit up at that. “I could not think of a better reason.” she turned back to the scenery, “If you had been a knight, you would have been one of the good ones. and that is exactly why I want to help this group.”*

“Fair enough.” Shelly shrugged, “Hey, maybe we could start our own band of Knights? That way, we both get what we want.” *

“That’s an idea. Though,” she glanced back at the Inn, “some of these ponies have a long way to go before knighthood.”*

“But we do!” Shelly was getting a little excited. “They can be pages. Or trainees. Or something.” *

Aurora giggled at that, “My own page huh? that's a thought.” she turned a smirk at Shelly, “ And who would you be taking under your wing?”*

Shelly tapped his hooves together, “Honeysuckle.” *

“Of course.” She giggled again. “Though you may have to watch out for Mischief if you do.”*

“He’s cool, girl.” He said so the other day. Or maybe it was the opposite? Shelly could not remember. *

aurora just shook her head and took another swig of her tea, only to find it was the last of it. she set the mug down and hopped off the bench. “I’m going to take this back into the kitchen” she said grabbing the mug in her teeth. “Its been nice talking with you.” she said around the mug with surprising clarity.*

Shelly saluted. *

Aurora shot him an amused smirk before heading back inside, her thoughts returning to the call she had to answer . she dropped the mug on the bar and stalked out the back door for a little walk. she’d have her answer ready soon. she hoped it would be good enough.*
beroulga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hayleyag on 12th January 2013, 4:10 pm

I, the most honorable judge, after reading, rereading, and then rereading again, have come to a decision.

There were a lot of factors that went into my choice, which I will explain because I think it's only right that everyone knows what they did best.

Ro, you did a fantastic job of displaying her motivations and feelings about the group and the ERA. It was well written, and an enjoyable read. You even managed to include her dislike of using magic without making a point out of it. I applaud you for your efforts.

B, like Ro, you did a great job of displaying her feelings and motivations, and wrote it well. However, what you did differently was keep her playful attitude. I feel that her ability to giggle over things is an important aspect of her character. In addition, you kept her 'spidey sense,' which is an entertaining part of her.

Both of you had plots in which some comfort to the other character was needed, and I think that B's interpretation was a little more true to Aurora as Romper played her.

So, congratulations B, and good luck.
hayleyag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on 12th January 2013, 4:13 pm

That's it then, gents, our honorable judge hath spoken. History has been made, and the role of Aurora shall be played by sir beroulga.

Congratulations b!

Epic job as well, Ro, in fact - you both did brilliantly fluttershy-happy
The Dude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down