The Pony Epic of Epic Epicness

Regarding the Paranormal...

Go down

Regarding the Paranormal...

Post  The Dude on 21st September 2012, 6:48 am

Right, let's get to the bottom of it, folks.

Truth is, I've been thinking a lot, especially since you all expressed a delightful interest to include the paranormal at work in the Skeleton Files. Unfortunately, most of us think - since we have already created characters with murder and criminal investigations in mind - that the supernatural won't completely fit into the SF world.

Which is why I got an idea for a new roleplay.

Now before ya'll tell me - 'hey, that's a bit too much innit? You GM-ing three stories all at once? And we're getting tired of your ugly mug!', just hear me out folks and it might be a breeze.

Well I was thinking, maybe it can follow how we do things in the pony epic? This won't be like the Skeleton Files, where it's all one big puzzle and your character races against time to save someone from death. This can be us simply having fun playing around the supernatural. The paranormal stuff, if you'd like. Maybe we can all explore a haunted house and banish all the ghosts there? We can do it all sandbox style with no GM and just simply let our imaginations take us? We can just create our characters, set them out into the world, and go - hey, it's all up to you lads.

We can wing it, and we can play it freestyle, basically just all pitching in to help write a story. At times, if someone has a story to tell, they're free to lead us on to their cave of wonders.

What do you guys think? Want to do a story-focused roleplay about exorcisms, ghosts, werewolves, and vampires?
The Dude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Regarding the Paranormal...

Post  hayleyag on 21st September 2012, 6:57 am

So, a sandbox.

I figured i'd just give a quick example of that for those who haven't done that style before.

For those of you playing Skeleton, you've seen the Investigator's Playground. That's a sandbox.

No one dictates the story, you just sorta see what happens. Everyone is free to plan as they like and play it.

So, for example, if I wanted a group of people to explore a haunted house, I'd post my character saying, "well, this looks interesting," and walking towards the house and maybe even opening the door, and people could follow as they choose. Once inside, unless i have something specific inside, anyone can come up with anything. Maybe there's weird purple goo on the floor and a man stuck to the ceiling with lime green ducktape. Point is, even if i instigated going in the house, anyone can post what they see and what happens and just sort of play around.

Does that make sense?

And if you do have something specific to say, then mention that at the top and lead us through, like rock said. :D
hayleyag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on 21st September 2012, 7:01 am

Aye, brilliant explanation, Hayley! That cleared up the confusion in me post, hahah.

You're in then, I hope?

:D
The Dude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hayleyag on 21st September 2012, 7:05 am

oh yes, yes i am. I am so in
hayleyag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on 21st September 2012, 7:09 am

Woohoo! It's on then.

That case, I suggest we do a character thread, then, or a separate archive for this :D What say you all?

Should also think up of a title to write up for the new forum archive. Can't stay under the Skeleton Files forever, aye?

Let's do eet!
The Dude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Knight Lord Diggalot on 21st September 2012, 9:07 am

Damn, so many roleplays twilight-mad

I need to consider this.
Sir Knight Lord Diggalot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on 21st September 2012, 9:09 am

Aye, no worries, I imagine anyone can come in and out any time! So if you don't join today, might get to join next month or next year, this is all just for fun and for the story after all : D
The Dude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  beroulga on 21st September 2012, 11:29 am

I'm kind with diggi. It sounds fun but I'm not sure if i can do it at the moment. I'd gladly make an appearance later on, but I got some other things I want to do as well.
beroulga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on 21st September 2012, 11:30 am

Aye, no worries : D It's a freestyle thing, after all! Anyone can come in or out any time.
The Dude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RobotPony on 21st September 2012, 4:31 pm

Despite being one of the few people (if there were even any others) I am strangely against this idea. Why? Because I am still not positive if I even have the time to do the Skeleton FIles along with the EPoEE. I am going even to say so far as that I am not going to even try doing three RPs a once. You guys of course are free to do so, and that's great if you want to get involved in another thing, but I won't be there.

As for the character I thought of, I really like that idea, but I think I'm going to scrap it for the altogether RP. Perhaps it will be involved in a later project I'm involved in, I think a comedy-horror thing could be quite nice. The reason for this is because I mostly agree with everyone: I don't know if the supernatural elements would fit in the Skeleton files. The character I've thought of will still appear in some form, but she's going to be drastically changed and not nearly as important to the RP as she would've once been (well, later on. It would've taken a while for her story to start going).

RobotPony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on 21st September 2012, 5:26 pm

I had a definite feeling you'd say that, Robo, and that's fine!

It's exactly the reason why I had the idea to make this more story-centric with no gm in the first place, since I was very much sure that everyone would be hesitant to join in another roleplay. I considered it a shame that a concept like this would be abandoned entirely, though, so I figured - well, why not make it more sandboxy? At any point in time, anyone's welcome to pitch in and write their with their own character. They can come, they can go and disappear for a while and there'd be no pressure involved. The characters they're roleplaying with could be doing another roleplay with other characters altogether, so they can wait. It's all very loose, open, and everyone's free to be a spectator or a story teller.

So yeah, in the end it'll all be just for fun : D
The Dude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RobotPony on 21st September 2012, 5:53 pm

Well, I did read your posts before responding, so I already knew about this. I still decline to participate.

Sorry if I am coming off as rude or grumpy. I am quite sick at the moment and I feel a little loopy. So, I can't really tell if that's how I sound or not, but it's how I feel, at least.

RobotPony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on 21st September 2012, 6:03 pm

No no, I'm not trying to push you to participate, in fact that post was directed to everyone, Robo, not just you.

No worries! I was just making it clear that everyone is free to join any time. Like maybe a month or two months or even a year later. The point here is the story telling, isn't it? I was just explaining it in the previous post, man: no pressure at all.

Edit: Maybe I should've added back there - it's all just for fun, whether or not you want to write along with the others, or just read the stories that are taking place as an interested spectator.
The Dude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  beroulga on 22nd September 2012, 12:28 am

that could be fun, just kinda episodic crazy stuff... I like the concept
beroulga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on 22nd September 2012, 2:50 am

Aye, just our imaginations and our love for writing! After all, dealing with a wide subject such as this, there's bound to be strange things going on with people thinking without any limits, hindering what they want to be possible.

Plus important part here is how time isn't of the essence :D You can just write your own story with our own character while you wait for the other roleplayers to come back. But yeah, no pressure guys, just explaining what's what here. It's all relaxed, and come by a year, it'll be here.
The Dude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  beroulga on 22nd September 2012, 9:59 am

ya, but i do have one other question. how much are we ganna change characters and locations? like will this follow any one or two characters of a certain setting of just bounce around form place to place group to group?
beroulga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on 22nd September 2012, 10:22 am

Well, I see it like the Investigator's Playground-

Anyone can roleplay with someone else, like what Jesse and Caden, or Jesse and Erik have done. You can also roleplay with yourself - like Caden and Trevor's bit, as well as Jesse and Nathan's bit in the IP.

For this roleplay, I think it would be interesting if the location can be anywhere and even any time. If you'd like to hold a roleplay with someone with a certain story in mind, you can ask the person if they're free. If they're not, you can wait a while and plan something else, and if they are - well there we go!

This could also be a good way to spend time while waiting for the other roleplays to continue, I think :D Since there's not an actual set of time and place and you can write something on your own. There isn't also a set plot, but plots; the stories which you desire to be involved in.

So yeah. Wing it, I say twilight-idea
The Dude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  beroulga on 22nd September 2012, 10:38 am

i see.... so so many characters will come out of this.
beroulga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on 22nd September 2012, 10:41 am

Characters.... or creatures?

twilight-idea

But yeah, up to the person, really. Sky's the limit and all that. Blue Sky limit.
The Dude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum